Thursday, March 1, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Recognized by Time magazine as one of the 50 leaders of the next century, Stephen Carter is one of America’s leading public intellectuals. The author of four novels and seven critically acclaimed nonfiction books on law, ethics, and politics, he continues to shape the national debate on issues ranging from the role of religion in our politics and culture, to the role of integrity and civility in our daily lives.
Carter’s most recent book is The Violence of Peace: America’s Wars in the Age of Obama. It examines the implications of the military philosophy President Barack Obama has adopted through his first two years in office and what his views on war mean for America. Carter’s extraordinary fiction debut, The Emperor of Ocean Park, spent three months on The New York Times bestseller list and made bestseller lists in several European countries.
Currently professor of law at Yale University, Carter has clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. As a trustee for the Aspen Institute, he moderates seminars for business executives on the role of values in leadership. Carter is also a contributor to Bloomberg View, the new opinion section of Bloomberg.com.
- Stephen Carter web site: http://www.stephencarterbooks.com/
- Stephen Carter- Fiction: http://www.stephencarterbooks.com/books/fiction
- Stephen Carter- Non-fiction: http://www.stephencarterbooks.com/books/nonfiction
- Yale Law- Stephen Carter: http://www.law.yale.edu/faculty/SCarter.htm
- Stephen Carter Articles- Christianity Today: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/features/opinion/columns/stephencarter/